Columbine Library Mission
“The library supports the goals of the Columbine instructional program, including ensuring that staff and students are effective users of ideas and information. It will do this by collaborating to develop curiosity for learning and love of reading.”
Columbine Library Search Click to search catalog
Username: wpsd2; password: panther
Good for at home use to begin finding information.
Early reading practice
ALA (American Library Association) Great web sites for kids…Like a phone book of good sites for kids…
1. Provide intellectual access to informationthrough learning activities that are integratedinto curriculum.
2. Provide physical access to information through:
a. Carefully selected and systematically
organized local collection of diverse resources.
b. A systematic procedure for acquiring
information and materials.
3. Provide learning experiences that encourages students to become discriminating consumers and creators ofinformation.
4. Collaborate with and assist teachers ininstructional and information technology.
5. Provide resources and activities that contributeto lifelong learning.
6. Function as the information center of the school.
7. Support intellectual freedom and access toinformation as a prerequisite to effective andresponsible citizenship in a democracy.
Adapted from Chapter one, “The Vision” of Information Power: Building Partnerships for learning. Copyright 1998